We have very clear guidelines about changing classes. Elective changes are not allowed.
For Fall semester the class change needs to be made within the first ten days of school.
Specific dates are always posted on our website each semester.
CHANGES TO BE CONSIDERED: (#1-5 must be completed within the first ten days of
1. A "D" or "F" grade from spring semester indicates the student should repeat a course
2. Student needs to enroll in a graduation or college requirement
3. Student is academically over-programmed and needs to adjust the academic load
4. There is a documented medical reason for a class period change
5. Student and teacher have spent one full school year together and it is beneficial to be separated
6. Level change is a class change within the same department to increase or decrease academic
level of difficulty appropriate to student ability* (Level changes are made during the first six weeks
Changes finalized in December - New course begins 1st day of spring semester
CHANGES TO BE CONSIDERED:
1. Student needs to enroll in a graduation or college requirement (Counselors will check for senior
enrollment in graduation requirements upon finalization of first semester grades. Necessary
adjustments will be made immediately)
2. Student is academically over-programmed and needs to adjust the academic load
3. Level change
4. Senior 5-period day
REQUIREMENTS FOR A FIVE PERIOD DAY
180 total credits as of August of senior year
Passing all classes
Open period 1 or 7 only
Must have completed 3 years of Math