CUSD College Connection Region III & IV Recruitment Timeline
Class of 2019
Click HERE to view the College Connection Informational Presentation
* Outreach - 11/30/17
Classroom presentations at Chico High and and Pleasant Valley in US History classes.
* November 30 — College Connection applications available online or in the Counseling Office.
* Apply to Butte College - 11/30/17 through 1/9/18
Students who apply by 1/9/18 will be able to sign up for the 1/17 or 1/18 BSA (Basic Skills Assessment) offered exclusive to College Connect applicants; if you apply to Butte College after 1/9/18, please contact the Butte College Assessment Office (895-2350) for alternative BSA dates.
* College Connection Information Night - 1/10/18 6 - 7:30 pm
All CUSD students and families meet at the Chico High Williams Theater on the Chico High School campus to learn more about College Connection. The presentation will begin at 6:00 and include a question/answer period.
* Basic Skills Assessment - 1/17/18 or 1/18/18 3:45 pm
The BSA is administered at the Butte College Chico Center, will begin at 4:00 and is untimed; students finish between 5:30 and 7:00. Students must call Butte prior to 1/17 to register or learn of alternate dates. Remember to bring: high school transcript including courses in progress, photo ID, and BC ID#. (2/10/18 BSA make up or retest 9 am at Main Campus, by appointment only, students must call Butte College and sing up prior to 2/10/18)
* Deadline to submit College Connection applications - 2/2/18 3:00 pm
Turn in applications at high school counseling offices - NO late applications accepted.
Following dates are TENTATIVE
* February 6-24 — application review & applicant interviews. Interviews take place on high school campuses during the school day.
* February 26 - Publish CC class of 2019 list (end of the school day on each campus)
* March 1-2 —CC Class of 2019 meeting during lunch (paperwork/timeline)
* March 6-10 - introduction to scheduling
* March 20-24 - Meet to finalize Su/Fall 2017 student planned schedule
* March 30 - submit registration fees and Su/Fall 2017 schedules
* March 30 - students can view Su/Fall 2017 online through MYBC
* May - lunch time meeting to discuss August Orientation