Office Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday
The Career Center is located in the PVHS Library
Make an appointment with Mrs. Keller or in the Counseling Office.
Appointments are 30 to 60 minutes depending on the information desired.
Career Center at a Glance
What can I get in the Career Center?
* Work Permits
* College and career books
* College catalogs
* Scholarship resources
* Financial aid information
* Resume/job tips
*Personal assessment tests
* Web-based study aids
* SAT, ACT, AP study aids
* Military material
*............ and much more!!!
Work Permits are required by California State Law and issued on the Pleasant Valley High School campus year-round. Work permits provide safeguards for students by protecting their work hours, work environment and physical safety. A green Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work Permit form is available in the Career Center. When completed and signed, it is submitted to Mrs. Keller in the Career Center between 12:00 and 4:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Work Permit facts:
* Any person under 18 years of age must have a work permit (unless graduated from high school)
* Shift length and hours are determined by student age and enrollment guidelines
* Processing of permits require one to two days - students may not work until the signed, official permit
is in the possession on the employer
* Permits are employer specific; a student will secure a work permit for every employer.
When Pleasant Valley High School issues a work permit, it is with the understanding that it may be restricted or revoked. Employed students are expected to pass all classes, have regular attendance and punctuality to all classes, and maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average.
Career Information Websites
www.bls.gov/oco/: Career search tips and occupational listings in alphabetic order (click A-Z).